Capital Midwifery provides comprehensive primary care throughout the childbearing cycle. You will receive individualized prenatal and postpartum/well-newborn appointments including lab work, referral for ultrasound and other testing offered in an OB's office. In addition, Rebekah offers guidance in nutrition, herbs, and body-mind healing to keep your body balance and your spirit glowing throughout pregnancy, birth and the postpartum.
Appointments last 45 minutes to 1 hour allowing you and your midwife an opportunity to develop a relationship and discuss all options related to your care and the birth process so that you can make informed decisions. Capital Midwifery honors the needs and preferences of your family, and respects the cultural, social and spiritual values of the individuals in our care. We support women in making fully informed, empowered and safe choices.
By the time you go into labor, you will have a deep understanding of the physiologic process of labor and confidence in your own ability to give birth to your baby. During early labor, your midwife is just a phone call away and you'll receive continuous hands-on assistance and regular monitoring of your baby's well-being during active labor and delivery. Immediately after your baby is born and in the weeks that follow, the well-being of you and your baby will be closely monitored while allowing space for you to bond. Breastfeeding support is provided as well.
Overview of Care:
Including but not limited to:
- Complete history and physical examination upon the initiation of care.
- Fetal assessment including fetal heart tones, position and fundal height.
- All blood work, screenings and diagnostic ultrasounds available in an obstetricians office are offered to you.
- Continued physical assessment for any signs of complications or risk factors.
- Nutritional education, herbs, homeopathy and healing foods.
- Emotional Support, visualization and relaxation techniques.
- Explanation of options and alternatives for labor and birth.
- Childbirth preparation class.
Schedule of visits:
- 1x month 8-28 weeks
- 2x month 30-36 weeks
- 1x week from 37 weeks until birth
- Physical and emotional support at home (or hospital if transport required)
- Assessment of physical needs and steps that may be helpful in supporting normal labor such as: fluids, foods, position changes, rest, walking, breathing, etc.
- Assessing dilatation, effacement and station, if required.
- Assessment of fetal heart tone patterns for variability within normal parameters
- Perineal support and repair, if needed.
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Newborn Exam
- Well Newborn care education and instruction
- With you consent, Vitamin K and Eythromycin eye prophylaxis will be given according to California State law. A waiver will be signed if declined by parents.
- Newborn screening test for metabolic disorders may be administered by the Midwife after seven days unless a waiver is signed by parents.
Schedule of Postpartum Visits:
- Day 1, Day 3 and Day 7 at your home to ensure you and your baby are recovering well and without complications.
- 6 week visit, you will be offered a Physical, Breast Exam and Pap screening and family planning counseling.
Your Midwife is available 24 hours a day for emergency support and labor via cell phone. Non-urgent needs will be addressed during business hours.
(Affordable monthly payments, HSA and Credit Cards are accepted. PPO insurance plan reimbursement available and loans available through medloanfinance.com. Medi-Cal discounts available.)
Currently Accepting Clients for Fall/Winter 2016 and 2017 Due Dates. Call today for a complimentary consultation! (916) 505-7175